Chicken Stir-Fry with Corn, Pineapple and Red Pepper
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This lightly sweet, tropical stir-fry has hints of cumin, chile and ginger, but the really vibrant flavor comes from fresh pineapple.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced crosswise into 1/3-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chile sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat for 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the onion and ginger and cook for 3 minutes. Add the red pepper, cumin and stock, cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring a few times, for 4 minutes. Add the corn, pineapple and Sriracha and stir-fry over moderately high heat until hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
It took nearly 30 attempts before Megan Krigbaum found a good match for this pineapple-and-corn stir-fry—the sweet flavors made most wines taste sharp, but a full-bodied white worked. A wine aged in oak—which lends body and vanilla flavors—blends with the sugars.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.