- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 stalks baby broccoli, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Steamed rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, black pepper and cornstarch. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat until no longer pink and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the broccoli and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir the chicken stock mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Season with additional soy sauce if desired.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve with rice.