- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 8 cups loosely packed washed arugula or spinach
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, mix the paprika with 1 teaspoon of the garlic, the oregano and cumin. Whisk in 1/3 cup of the olive oil and season the paprika oil with salt and pepper.
In another small bowl, combine the parsley, mint, lemon juice, lemon zest, cayenne and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of garlic. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Thread the chicken pieces onto 6 skewers. Brush the chicken and onion slices all over with the paprika oil and arrange on the grill. Cook the onions for 4 minutes, turning once, until they are slightly softened. Grill the chicken for 12 minutes, turning occasionally, until it is cooked through.
Arrange the arugula on a platter. Spread the onions and chicken on top, drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve with lemon wedges.