© Tina Rupp
Chicken Skewers with Fresh Herb Vinaigrette and Feta
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 16 yellow baby pattypan squash (about 1 pound)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 small tomatillos, halved (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. On four 14-inch-long metal skewers, tightly thread the chicken, pattypans, red onion and tomatillos in an alternating pattern. Brush the skewers with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the skewers over a medium-hot fire, turning frequently, until the chicken is just cooked through and the vegetables are lightly charred and barely tender, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mint, parsley, garlic, vinegar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the chicken and vegetables off the skewers and onto plates. Spoon the vinaigrette on top, sprinkle with the feta and serve.
NotesOne serving 323 calories, 14.7 gm total fat, 3.2 gm saturated fat, 12 gm carb.