- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 small zucchini, coarsely shredded
- Kosher salt
- One 5-ounce bunch of arugula, thick stems discarded
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 small baguette rolls, split lengthwise
- 1 roast chicken (about 4 pounds), meat and skin shredded
- In a small bowl, combine the crème fraîche with the chipotle in adobo and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the lime juice. Add the shredded zucchini and a pinch of salt. Let the zucchini slaw stand for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice; season the arugula with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, spread the zucchini on the baguette rolls. Mound the shredded chicken on the zucchini and season generously with salt and pepper. Top with the arugula, close the chicken sandwiches and serve at once.
A bright, fruity, low-alcohol white with no oak will complement the peppery arugula and the smoky-sweet chipotle in the chicken sandwiches. A refreshing Vinho Verde from Portugal is a good match.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.