- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-5 sprigs Italian parsley, thyme or oregano, tied together
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound summer squash such as zucchini or crookneck, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 medium avocado, diced
How to make this recipe
- Poach the Chicken Rinse off the chicken breasts. Fill a medium stockpot with water and add the herbs, bay leaf, garlic, salt and peppercorns. Bring the water to a boil and add the chicken breasts.
- Poach the Chicken Return the water to a boil and then lower heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, cover with a lid and keep the chicken in the hot water for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Poach the Chicken Remove the chicken from the water and slice into large dice. Set aside.
- Make the Salad Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until softened. Stir in the squash and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the Salad Toss the chicken in with the squash. Add the avocado and serve warm or at room temperature.