Chicken Salad with Poblano Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 large poblano, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed
- 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Pinch each of salt and sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 large roasted chicken breast, boned and sliced crosswise
- 1 large bunch of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 1 cup mixed small tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1 small Hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. In a mini food processor, combine the poblano, garlic, scallion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and sugar and puree. With the machine on, add 6 tablespoons of the oil in a thin stream.
- Rub the corn with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and grill until lightly charred. Cut the kernels off the cobs.
- Arrange the chicken on plates and surround it with the watercress, grilled corn, tomatoes and avocado; season lightly with salt and pepper. Pass the poblano vinaigrette at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.