Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Nancy Oakes lost more than 20 pounds, in part by eating two to three appetizers instead of one large entrée. To satiate cravings, she picks foods high in heatlhy monosaturated fat, like avocados. Plus, she says, "I brush my teeth a lot because nothing tastes good afterward."
- 1 Hass avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 18 ounces cooked chicken breast without skin, chopped (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cucumberspeeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 cups baby arugula (2 ounces)
- In a blender, puree the avocado with the buttermilk, parsley, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, tarragon, anchovy and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Champagne vinegar. Scrape the dressing into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped chicken breast and toss to coat.
- In another bowl, whisk the olive oil with the remaining 2 teaspoons of Champagne vinegar. Stir in the diced cucumbers and tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Mound the baby arugula on plates. Pile the chicken salad on the arugula. Spoon the cucumber and tomato salad alongside and serve right away.
One Serving 374 cal, 17 gm total fat, 3.0 gm saturated fat, 11 gm carb, 4 gm fiber.
Where to Find Nancy Oakes Boulevard, 1 Mission St., San Francisco; 415-543-6084.