Chicken Salad with Cumin and Parsley
- SERVINGS: 4
All of our chicken salads make great quick dinners, atop a bed of lettuce as here or inside a sandwich. If you don't have any leftover cooked chicken and don*'t have time to cook, store-bought rotisserie chicken is just the thing.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, such as leaf lettuce or romaine
- In a large bowl, whisk together the onion, mayonnaise, yogurt, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chicken and parsley and toss to combine.
- Put the lettuce on plates. Top with the chicken salad.
More Chicken Salads:
Yogurt Dill Chicken Salad In a large bowl, combine 3 cups diced cooked chicken with 1 small minced onion, 2/3 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons chopped dill, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
Lemony Fruit-and-Nut Chicken Salad In a large bowl, combine 3 cups diced cooked chicken with 1 peeled, cored, and diced apple. Add 2 tablespoons raisins, 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts, 1 cup halved red seedless grapes, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 4 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
Really Terrific Good-Ol' American Chicken Salad In a large bowl, combine 3 cups diced cooked chicken with 1 small minced onion, 2 ribs chopped celery, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
A Sauvignon Blanc from California, riper and with more melon and fig flavors than those from France, is what you want for a tasty match. A touch of oakiness helps, too. Wines labeled Fumé Blanc are more likely to be made in this style than those simply called Sauvignon Blanc.