Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese and Grapes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Grace Parisi considered many classic salads, like Waldorf and Cobb, before deciding on her version of chicken salad, which mixes store-bought roasted chicken with blue cheese, grapes, celery and sunflower seeds. She likes eating it wrapped in Bibb lettuce leaves.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 ounces crumbled mild blue cheese, such as Maytag (3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups diced roasted chicken (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 cups halved red and green grapes
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup salted roasted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the vinegar. Fold in the blue cheese, breaking it up with a fork. Add the chicken, grapes, celery and parsley and fold gently. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the sunflower seeds and serve.
Smoky, fruity Merlot, such as one from the Carneros region in Northern California.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.