- 1 Hass avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 anchovy fillet, chopped
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 18 ounces cooked chicken breast without skin, chopped (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 cups baby arugula (2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the avocado with the buttermilk, parsley, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, tarragon, anchovy and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Champagne vinegar. Scrape the dressing into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped chicken breast and toss to coat.
In another bowl, whisk the olive oil with the remaining 2 teaspoons of Champagne vinegar. Stir in the diced cucumbers and tomato and season with salt and pepper.
Mound the baby arugula on plates. Pile the chicken salad on the arugula. Spoon the cucumber and tomato salad alongside and serve right away.
One Serving 374 cal, 17 gm total fat, 3.0 gm saturated fat, 11 gm carb, 4 gm fiber.
Where to Find Nancy Oakes Boulevard, 1 Mission St., San Francisco; 415-543-6084.