- 1/2 pound sourdough bread, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 large shallots, quartered lengthwise
- 3/4 cup drained caperberries
- 2 lemons, scrubbed and quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Four 12-ounce whole chicken legs
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread with the shallots, caperberries, lemons and the 1/4 cup of olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Brush the chicken legs with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on the bread. Roast the chicken for about 50 minutes, until the bread is crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thighs registers 160°. Transfer the chicken, bread and vegetables to plates and serve.