- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (32-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into chunks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced pepperoni
How to make this recipe
In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot, then stir in the on-ion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, oregano, and chick-en, and cook until the chicken is cooked and the liquid is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Divide the filling between the tortillas. Roll each tortilla into a cylinder and place, side-by-side in a baking dish. Pour the reserved tomato sauce over the tortillas, sprinkle with the cheese and place the pepperoni over the enchiladas.
Bake the enchiladas until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve.