- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, honey, crushed red pepper, black pepper and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat until no longer pink and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the onion and pineapple and stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the chicken stock mixture into the skillet and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken and stir-fry until heated through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Season with additional soy sauce if desired.
Rice and Sriracha.