© Con Poulos
Chicken Panini with Spinach and Pesto
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This is a fun marriage of a chicken salad sandwich and a crunchy pressed panino.
Slideshow: Hot, Melted Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- One 1-pound ciabatta loaf, split lengthwise and cut into 4 pieces
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
- 8 thin slices of Swiss cheese, preferably Emmental
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the pesto. Add the chicken and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron griddle or grill pan. Brush both sides of each piece of bread with oil. Spoon the chicken salad onto the bottoms and top with the spinach and cheese. Close the sandwiches and griddle or grill over moderate heat, turning once, until toasted and the cheese is melted, about 7 minutes. Cut the panini in half and serve hot.
Make Ahead The chicken salad can be refrigerated overnight.