Chicken Paillards in Papaya Syrup with Papaya-Poblano Salsa
- SERVINGS: 4
Paillards are boneless pieces of meat pounded thin for quick cooking.
- 1/2 cup finely diced papaya
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup seeded and finely diced poblano chile
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/3 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Papaya Syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine the papaya, bell pepper, onion, poblano, cilantro, lime juice and cinnamon. Season with salt and black pepper and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and black pepper. Divide the vegetable oil between 2 large nonstick skillets and heat. Add the chicken and cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until done, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer the chicken to warmed plates and top with the salsa and Papaya Syrup.
The fruity, fragrant, spicy salsa makes these sautéed chicken breasts a natural for a fragrant but dry white such as Viognier.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.