Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News E.J. Lagasse helped create this dish, which contains seven kinds of vitamin-rich vegetables and lean protein.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 ounces dried chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2inch dice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 canned whole baby corns, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oyster sauce and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain and reserve.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the carrots, onion and bell pepper and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the baby corn, scallions, edamame, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until the chicken is white throughout, 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate. Add the noodles, soy sauce and cornstarch slurry and toss well. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.