- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-by-1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 ounces dried chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2inch dice
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 canned whole baby corns, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oyster sauce and let stand for 20 minutes.
In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain and reserve.
In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the carrots, onion and bell pepper and stir-fry over high heat for 1 minute. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the baby corn, scallions, edamame, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until the chicken is white throughout, 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate. Add the noodles, soy sauce and cornstarch slurry and toss well. Transfer to bowls and serve.
One Serving 475 cal, 19 gm fat, 3.1 gm sat fat, 40 gm carb, 5.1 gm fiber.