- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded chicken (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled tortilla chips
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot, then stir in the onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the chicken, peanut butter, soy sauce, cocoa powder and chili powder, and bring to a simmer.
Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the filling to a 3-quart casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese and tortilla chips over top.
Bake the casserole until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve.