- Basmati Rice or Govindobhog Rice
- 2 pounds boneless chicken legs or breasts, well trimmed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed and dissolved in 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make this recipe
Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
Light a charcoal grill or preheat the broiler. Loosely thread the chicken on metal skewers. Grill or broil the chicken 5 to 6 inches from the heat for about 10 minutes, turning the skewers as necessary for even cooking. Serve hot or at room temperature, with Chelo or plain rice.