© Con Poulos
Chicken Hash with Eggs
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Using leftover chicken in a hash with green pepper, onion and jalapeños makes a nice, hearty breakfast. A dash of hot sauce is delicious here.
Slideshow: Breakfast Recipes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large jalapeños—stemmed, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 large baked potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for sprinkling
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the green pepper, onion, jalapeños, garlic, thyme and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in the potato and chicken and flatten the mixture with a spatula. Cook over high heat until crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Working in sections, turn the hash over and cook until browned on the other side, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, make 4 depressions in the hash. Carefully crack the eggs into the depressions and season with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook over moderate heat until the egg whites are just set but the yolks are runny, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle the hash with grated cheese and serve right out of the skillet.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Add a Comment