- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Eight 1/3-inch-thick chicken cutlets (2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, juices reserved
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese (6 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the broiler. In a very large, deep, ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and cook half of them over moderately high heat, turning once, until lightly browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the cutlets to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 4 cutlets.
- Reduce the heat to moderate. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes with their juices and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the dill and season the sauce with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices to the sauce and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the feta cheese and broil for about 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown. Transfer to plates and serve at once.
Orzo or warm pita bread.
Earthy, plummy Greek red.