Chicken Couscous Salad
- SERVINGS: 20
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- freshly ground pepper
- 10 cups boiling water
- Four 10-ounce boxes couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 bunches watercress, chopped
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 pound seedless grapes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Arrange the chicken on 2 large baking sheets and coat with the honey mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven. Baste with the juices and cover with foil.
- In 2 large heatproof bowls, pour the boiling water over the couscous. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a work surface and use 2 large forks to break it up; let cool. Gently rub the couscous into separate grains.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup of olive oil with the lemon juice, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper. Return the couscous to the bowls and toss with the dressing. Add the remaining ingredients; toss well. Slice the chicken crosswise 1/2 inch thick. Serve the couscous on platters, topped with the chicken.
Pair with a rich French Viognier like the Georges Duboeuf Vin de Pays de l'Ardèche Viognier.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.