- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 poblano chiles—stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 2 quarts chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (1 1/4 pounds)
- Two 15-ounce cans hominy, rinsed and drained
- Chopped cilantro, sliced radishes and lime wedges, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chiles, onion, garlic, coriander and a generous pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the chiles are softened, about 8 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Stir in the chicken and hominy and simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Season the soup with salt. Ladle into shallow bowls, garnish with cilantro, sliced radishes and lime wedges and serve.
The soup can be refrigerated for 2 days. Reheat gently before serving.