- 3/4 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Champagne grapes or quartered small green grapes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped roasted cashews
- 2 teaspoons minced chives, plus chopped chives for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced chervil
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices of rye bread
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, mix the chicken, oil, mayonnaise, grapes, cashews, minced chives, lemon juice and two-thirds each of the shallots and chervil; season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix the remaining shallots and chervil with the lemon zest.
Spread the chicken salad on the rye. Cut the sandwiches into halves or quarters. Sprinkle the gremolata on top and garnish with chopped chives.