- 1/2 pound spicy marinated bocconcini (mozzarella balls), plus the oil from the container
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/2 inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pint heirloom cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil, for grilling
How to make this recipe
- Pick the bocconcini out of the marinade. Transfer half of the marinade to a medium baking dish. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Quarter the bocconcini and transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining marinade and the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and oil the grate. Grill the chicken over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the bocconcini. Toss and serve.