Chicken Breasts with Walnuts, Leeks and Candied Lemon
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and tender green parts only, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 preserved lemon, pulp discarded and peel thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced dill
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- Freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, for garnish
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the leeks and a pinch of salt; cook over moderate heat until softened. Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook over low heat for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 1 tablespoon of water and simmer over moderate heat until syrupy, 2 minutes. Add the preserved lemon and simmer for 1 minute; add to the leeks and keep warm.
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, chives, dill and tarragon with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook over moderately high heat until golden, 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to moderate and cook for 2 minutes longer. Turn the breasts and cook until just white throughout, 4 minutes.
- Spoon the leeks onto plates. Top with the chicken. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, garnish with the walnuts and serve.
Melony, fresh Sauvignon Blanc.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.