Chicken Breasts with Artichoke-and-Rosemary Pan Sauce
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet skin side down and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown and partially cooked, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and simmer over moderate heat, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Return the chicken breasts and their juices to the skillet and simmer, turning once until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to plates. Stir in the artichokes and rosemary and simmer over moderate heat for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the butter, stirring until melted. Spoon the artichokes and sauce over the chicken breasts and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.