- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 scallion, cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Four 8-inch fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless roasted chicken breast
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil. Add the onion, garlic, cumin and a pinch of cayenne pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the beans and 1/3 cup of water; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup of cilantro.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the mango, scallion, lime juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of cilantro until finely chopped. Season the salsa with salt, pepper and cayenne.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil in each of 2 large skillets. Top the tortillas with the beans, chicken, feta and mozzarella and fold in half. Add 2 quesadillas to each skillet and cook over moderate heat, turning until golden and the cheese is melted, 5 minutes. Transfer to plates and serve with the mango salsa.
One serving 420 cal, 15 gm total fat, 4.9 gm saturated fat, 41 gm carb, 8 gm fiber.
Spicy, red cherry-flavored Sangiovese.