- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pound fresh or thawed frozen soybeans in their pods
- 1 pound cooked skinless chicken breast meat, cut into 3/4-inch dice (about 3 cups)
- Two 1/2-pound Hass avocados, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small celery rib, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, combine the oil with the lime juice, ginger and sugar. Season with salt and white pepper and whisk until blended.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the soybeans and cool under running water. Remove the soybeans from their pods and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl, combine the soybeans with the chicken, avocados, scallions, celery and all but 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Add the dressing and gently toss to combine, being careful not to mash the avocados. Mound the salad on plates, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of cilantro and serve.
One Serving Calories 486 kcal, Total Fat 31.3 gm, Saturated Fat 4.7 gm
The acidic, sharp flavors that the lime and cilantro add to this salad point to an equally acidic Sauvignon Blanc as the best match. Look for one from South Africa or New Zealand.