- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup store-bought or homemade pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 roasted chicken, bones and skin removed (about 1 pound meat), meat torn into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
How to make this recipe
- Bring a medium pot of boiling, salted water to a boil. Stir in the rice and boil until just done, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pesto, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and the rice and toss to combine.
Both the dominant herbal flavor of the pesto and the yogurt's acidic tang suggest a Sauvignon-Blanc-based wine. Once again, look to the Loire, Sauvignon's ancestral home, for an herbal, gassy, citrusy Sancerre or Pouilly-Fumé.