Chicken & Poblano Tacos with Crema
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This is a variation on the chorizo tacos that Justin Large makes at Big Star. You can replace the chicken strips with chorizo; for a vegetarian taco, Large recommends subbing in crumbled spiced tofu.
- 5 poblano chiles
- 4 boneless chicken thighs with skin (1 pound), pounded 1/2 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshley ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Mexican crema or sour cream, shredded romaine lettuce, chopped white onion and lime wedges, for serving
- Roast the poblanos directly over a gas flame or under a preheated broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer the chiles to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 15 minutes. Peel, seed and stem the chiles, then cut them into 1/4-inch strips.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the chicken all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until the skin is crisp and browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a carving board and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a medium bowl, toss the poblano strips with the chicken and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken-poblano filling in the warm tortillas with the crema, lettuce, onion and lime wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.