© Lisa Hubbard
Chicken and Papaya Stir-Fry
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 poblano or red Anaheim chile, seeded and thickly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Two 1/2-pound ripe papayas—peeled, seeded and cut into 3-by-1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large scallion, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce with the wine and cornstarch. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over moderately high heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the poblano and crushed red pepper and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through and the poblano softens, about 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the orange juice to the wok and boil until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the wok, add the papaya and stir-fry until hot, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter. Garnish with the scallion and serve.
NotesOne Serving Calories 272 kcal, Total Fat 5.3 gm, Saturated Fat 0.7 gm, Protein 29 gm, Carbohydrates 28 gm.