© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Chicken and Mushroom Soup with Bacon
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Salty bacon and earthy mushrooms add depth and flavor to this easy chicken soup recipe.
Slideshow: More Chicken Soup Recipes
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Italian parsley, for serving
- In a stockpot, crisp the bacon over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and mushrooms and cook until onions are soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes and cooked chicken. Bring to a gentle boil, and then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with parsley and serve hot.