Chicken-and-Leek Stir Fry
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
To make this stir-fry slightly more indulgent, substitute skinless, boneless chicken thighs for the breasts.
Ingredient Tips from F&W Editors
More Fast Asian Recipes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts only, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- Steamed rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock with the fish sauce and cornstarch. In a wok or a large skillet, heat the oil until very hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat until opaque but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the leeks, ginger and chile to the wok and stir-fry over high heat until slightly wilted and lightly browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Whisk the stock mixture and add it to the wok. Stir-fry until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with steamed rice.