- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of bread or 4 buns
- Arugula, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomato and pickles, for serving (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a large pot, cover the chicken breasts with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the water and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard and chili powder. Stir in the chicken, carrots and grape halves. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Assemble the sandwiches with your choice of bread, chicken salad mixture and toppings.