- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Ground pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup torn Thai basil
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chile sauce
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the oil over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the turmeric and rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff the rice, season with salt and pepper and cover.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the onion, basil, cilantro and 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and transfer to plates. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and Sriracha. Serve the chicken with the rice, dipping sauce and lemon wedges.
Contributed By Photo © Seth Smoot Published August 2012