- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, such as Kalamata, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 roasted chicken, bones and skin removed, meat shredded (about 1 pound boneless meat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, plus more for brushing tortillas
- 8 small or 4 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
How to make this recipe
Heat the oven to 450°. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, parsley, chicken, salt, pepper, vinegar, and the 3 tablespoons oil.
Brush the tortillas on both sides with oil and then put on baking sheets, overlapping if necessary. Bake the tortillas until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the tortillas and brown the other side, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Remove the baking sheets from the oven and top each tortilla with an equal amount of the feta cheese. Return the baking sheets to the oven; cook until the cheese is just melting, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Top the tortillas with the chicken mixture.
A fruit salad would be an easy and complementary accompaniment.
The saltiness of the feta cheese and olives and the tartness of the tomatoes will pair well with the crisp acidity in a Sauvignon Blanc from either the Loire Valley or a northern region of Italy such as Collio or Veneto.