- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, skinless, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Steamed rice, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger, crushed red pepper, black pepper, nutmeg and cornstarch. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry over moderately high heat until no longer pink and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet. Add the onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the peppers and green beans and stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Push the vegetables to the side of the skillet to create a well. Pour the eggs into the well and cook, stirring gently, until nearly set. Stir the vegetables in with the egg.
Stir the chicken stock mixture into the skillet and cook until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 to 2 more minutes. Season with additional soy sauce if desired. Serve with rice.