- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, plus more for serving
- 2 ears of corn, shucked (about 2 cups)
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add the chicken stock, cumin and thyme leaves. Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir in the corn and celery and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with thyme, and serve hot.