- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite sized pieces
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make this recipe
In a stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and carrot and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
Stir in chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and cooked chicken. Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.