- 1 (3 pound) rotisserie chicken
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded yellow cheddar cheese
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Shred the chicken, reserving the bones.
In a medium heavy pot, bring the chicken bones and milk to a simmer, then simmer 30 minutes. Discard the bones, then stir the broccoli and cream cheese into the milk and simmer, whisking, until the cream cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Stir in the shredded chicken and transfer to a 3-quart baking dish. Scatter the cheddar cheese over the casserole and bake until the filling is bubbling and the cheddar cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.