- 4 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian basil
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. While whisking, gradually pour the polenta into the water. Reduce the heat to low and continue whisking for an additional minute.
- Continue cooking for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot. Remove the polenta from the heat when it is tender and creamy and has reached your desired thickness.
- While the polenta cooks, combine the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and basil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- When the polenta has reached the desired texture, stir the salt and butter into the polenta until the butter is melted.
- Serve the polenta topped with the tomato-basil mixture.