- 4 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian basil
- Pinch of kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. While whisking, gradually pour the polenta into the water. Reduce the heat to low and continue whisking for an additional minute.
Continue cooking for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pot. Remove the polenta from the heat when it is tender and creamy and has reached your desired thickness.
While the polenta cooks, combine the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and basil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
When the polenta has reached the desired texture, stir the salt and butter into the polenta until the butter is melted.
Serve the polenta topped with the tomato-basil mixture.