© Tina Rupp
Cherry Tomato Tart with Basil
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes one 9-inch tart
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil leaves
- Butter a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. In a food processor, pulse the flour with a pinch of salt and the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the cream and pulse until the dough nearly comes together. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead a few times. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Roll out the dough to a 14-inch round. Press the round into the tart pan; trim off any excess. Mound the tomatoes in the shell. Bake for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, until the dough is evenly browned. Let cool. Season with salt, garnish with the basil and serve.
Serve this brilliantly simple tart with a crisp white Burgundy.