Cherry Tomato Salad
- SERVINGS: 8
Cherry tomatoes make a summery salad for the dead of winter. If you can find them, add a few sweet little yellow pear tomatoes to the mix.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely shredded basil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, shallot and garlic. Whisk in the oil in a thin stream and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and basil and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.