© John Kernick
Cherry Pudding Cups
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN Plus overnight setting
- SERVINGS: 6
This light and delicate buttermilk custard is perfect when topped with juicy, sweet cherries and tangy lime zest.
Slideshow: More Cherry Recipes
- One 1/4-ounce package unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted cherries
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk the gelatin with 1/3 cup of the buttermilk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk and honey and warm over low heat, stirring, just until the honey dissolves. Remove from the heat and whisk in the gelatin mixture until dissolved. Whisk in the lime juice and remaining 2/3 cup of buttermilk. Pour the pudding into six 6-ounce cups or ramekins. Cover and chill overnight until set and firm. Garnish with the cherries and lime zest.