- 12 saltine crackers, finely crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 pound loose breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the saltines, eggs, pork, sausage, cherries, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup of water. Mix gently. Transfer the meat to the baking sheet and form it into a 12-by-4-inch oval loaf. Bake for about 50 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Spread the mustard on top and sprinkle with parsley.