- 1 1/2 pounds dark cherries, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups dried sour cherries (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Kriek lambic beer
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus more for greasing
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- In a bowl, mix the pitted and dried cherries, beer, honey, vanilla and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°. Butter six 8-ounce ramekins and set them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, nutmeg and cardamom. Stir in the melted butter. Press the topping into clumps.
- Spoon the cherry filling into the ramekins and sprinkle with the topping. Bake for about 30 minutes, until browned and bubbling. Serve the crisps warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.