Cherry Couscous Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Doctoring couscous with sweet cherries, salty olives and fresh tarragon creates a speedy, delicious and interesting side dish.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the couscous and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook over low heat until the couscous is tender and all of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.