- 8 ounces crème fraîche
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce (1 pound), very coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces sliced prosciutto or speck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, halved
- Tarragon and parsley leaves and snipped chives, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Make the tarragon dressing In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Make the salad Mound the lettuce in shallow bowls. Arrange the tomatoes, turkey, cheese, prosciutto and eggs on top and garnish with tarragon, parsley and chives. Serve the tarragon dressing on the side.
The dressing can be refrigerated separately overnight.