- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
In this play on nachos, chef Gonzalo Martinez of Casa de Sierra Nevada tops a chunky guacamole with gooey melted cheese.
Chef Tip Mild queso oaxaca is the best cheese for melting.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Tortilla chips for serving
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 Hass avocados, diced
- 1 cup shredded queso oaxaca or Monterey Jack
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- In a shallow bowl, mix the avocados, tomato, onion, cilantro, mint, jalapeño and lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Melt the cheese in a microwave-safe bowl, pour over the guacamole and serve with tortilla chips.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.